Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Hitchin' Posts - A Bride's Dream Wedding under $3,000


The Bride and Groom's Wedding with Less - yet so much more...


My last post was in April - for good reason... I had a wedding to plan, arrange, attend, and all the while, adhering to my fabulous life experiment of creating a tasteful yet simple celebration on as little as possible. 
The following series of blog posts will be dedicated to all the beautiful brides who deserve and desire a wonderful wedding day - but want to keep the expense to a minimum. I encourage instead a donation of what you would have spent on your wedding to something near and dear to your heart that REALLY needs the support.

The following series of posts will take you on a journey from creating invitations, handcrafting flowers, dress hunting, gifts, reception ideas, and using the resources and talents of neighbors and friends to make your special day one that is a colloration rather than a costly burden.  

The Bottom Line:  our total wedding output, including invitations, flowers, my dress and all attire, rehearsal un-dinner (I will explain), wedding venue, reception and guest gifts... $2,950  

Stay tuned for How....





1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly!
    I was trying to contact you, but I see you're not teaching this semester, and I seem to have lost your alternate email. I thought I could get your gmail address from this blog, but as it turns out, I was wrong. If you catch this any time soon, could you email me at bridget.e.lynch@gmail.com ?

    Thanks!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete