Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chicks Instead of Chicken on the Menu of Fabulousness Tonight

Some of the best gifts come in the most unassuming of packages.  Tonight mine was in a cardboard box with $3.75 written across the top in pencil. 

And inside? Two Ameraucana 4 day-old baby chix. Wow. My man knows the way into my heart. Give me something little, with some fur, blinking eyes, and I melt! (We took in a homeless pup and called her our own last month!)

These little furballs will be added to our flock of Maran chicks - giving our urban farm 13 chickens in total, four cats, and one amazing dog.

So tonight - I had planned on posting my recipe for Italian Turkey Meatballs with Orzo in a Tomato Cream Sauce...but after holding my new baby chick - I was not in the mood to cook anything with feathers; we ate Thai takeout instead (Total: $9.25 divided by 2) ...still sticking to the experiment! A day of $5 and under fabulousness!

Cheap Cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment